Enabling of Entitlements to make data secure and authorized users can view the data.
Follow the below steps to Enable and Disable Entitlements at the Data Source level
- Menu >Datasources
- Choose the data source in "My Datasources"
Datasource level Entitlements:
- Navigate to Advanced from Datasource Configurator. Datasource configurator default with "Disabled" Entitlements for any datasource creation.
- Navigate to Menu > Services > My Services > My Datasources > Select Datasource configured with Entitlemets "Disabled". You can unmask data shown in the resultset panel
- Navigate to Datasource configurator of the above-selected Datasource and make the Entitlements "Enabled"
- After Enabled Entitlements, Resultset Panel appears like below
Column Level Entitlements:
- As a Datasource Owner/Administrator can setup Column level Entitlements.
- Select Services > Manage Services > My Datasources > Click on Selected Service
- User has Entitlements Enabled on full table data.
- Grant access to view data on a few columns of the table for the user.
- Navigate to Left Menu at service > Click on Configure Service
- Service Configurator Wizard appears like below and clicks on Access Control
- Navigate to Access control and in that, you can see Service Level Access & Field Level Access
- Service Level Access > Grant Access > Select User and Select Role > Submit
- Field Level Access > Add Role Assignment >
- Select Fields > Select User > Select Roles > Click on Grant Access
- After grant access, we can see field-level user access roles
- Based on the above Field-level access users can view the data column level.
Row Level Entitlements: